Over these past months, our team has been concocting the perfect recipe with some premium ingredients. Now, it’s finally time to reveal what we’ve been up: Integritee is releasing its Software Development Kit (SDK) that will be a game-changer for application builders! Designed for web3 developers aiming for low latencies, scalability, and confidentiality, our SDK helps you build new generation applications with a privacy-native approach.
What makes our SDK so special?
Our second-layer sidechains offer scalability, while Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs) provide the much-needed confidentiality that some projects require. Writing applications is frequently tiresome, complex, and time-consuming but our SDK helps you to get through that journey.
The Integritee SDK is flexible and developers can leverage it for any use case: you can add privacy features for any part of your application, allowing you to choose which information to keep confidential, and which to make public. Copy and paste a few lines of glue code, import any Substrate pallet into an Integritee Sidechain, and build a new generation application to serve millions!
Combining the trust of Polkadot, the scalability of second-layer Sidechains, and the confidentiality of Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs), we’ve created an SDK that eases your way into building web3 applications. The main benefits of our technology include sub-second block production times, overall up to 1 million transactions per second on one Integritee Parachain, and privacy features to secure sensitive data. Another great thing about our SDK is that it’s not solely bound to the Integritee parachain, so hybrid architectural designs are also possible.
What we Offer
- Unrivaled speed at scale — Our shardable second-layer Sidechains deliver unrivaled transaction speeds and volumes at sub-second block production times
- Privacy by Design — By enabling confidential state transitions within TEEs, our solution protects sensitive data and ensures compliance with privacy regulations such as GDPR
- Verifiable integrity — The integrity of the data and processes running inside the TEEs is verified and publicly registered on our parachain, fostering transparency and user trust
- Superior interoperability — Sidechains built with Integritee’s SDK can interface with any light-client capable blockchain or web2 API
- Flexible deployment — You’re free to either run TEEs on your own hardware on-premise or rent servers in the cloud.
- Independent economic model — Sidechain operators can individually decide on both the medium of exchange and the fee amount to be charged for their services, so application users don’t have to interact with tokens.
- Low fees — Fees for application operators are charged in TEER — Integritee’s token, and are way lower than on other common platforms. The price of transactions will be also denominated in USD to ensure predictable costs.
Now let’s get into some technical aspects of our SDK. Since it’s written in Rust, our SDK is compatible with the Substrate-api-client and builds upon the Apache Teaclave Rust-SDK, which is great news if you’re already working with Substrate as it’ll be easy to get comfortable with our SDK. Also, the SGX runtime is the TEE equivalent of Substrate’s runtime concept.
Integritee’s Sidechain validators operate with TEE — secure, encrypted hardware enclaves within a computer processor — which are isolated from the rest of the operating system. This allows confidential state transition functions and greatly reduces the complexity of the consensus protocol. In addition, each validator running in a TEE publishes a public, cryptographic proof to our Kusama parachain that confirms that the TEE is genuine and the code unaltered. This builds user trust by allowing anyone to verify that their data has been processed only as intended in a private and secure hardware environment.
We believe our SDK is a great fit for a multitude of use cases. Metaverses and decentralized gaming projects — for which low latency is a must — can greatly benefit from our product’s characteristics, especially the sidechains’ sub-second block production times, and independent scalability.
Decentralized identity (DID) is yet another good example. DID providers use our technology to ensure the privacy, anonymity, and sovereignty of their users’ data.
The same happens with the growing industry of health and wearables. Connected devices such as smartwatches or fitness trackers are a big trend. These are powered by the users’ personal information, including health information, location, and other details.
Integritee can foster cooperative competition between companies by pooling data insights. No participant has direct access to the underlying dataset, and all data can only be processed in pre-agreed ways. In this case, we can provide public auditability to ensure users that no personally identifiable data is revealed to the device manufacturer or any third party.
Integritee’s sidechains can also be leveraged to deploy any smart contract logic, including smart contracts enabled by EVM, with privacy and scalability as additional benefits. A specific example is a DeFi application in need of scalability and/or privacy. With validators running inside a TEE, any sensitive information can be kept confidential, so malicious behavior like frontrunning can be avoided.
Let’s get to business
Maybe you are having issues while working on your web3 application? Or perhaps you’ve been wanting to start one, but found it too difficult to build? Our SDK will surely be of great help in both cases, so be sure to check out how it works, why it’s the right choice for you, and what features are included.
Start building now! Find more information about the Integritee Network SDK.